Call the Knox County Health Department for an appointment at 309-344-0319
To safeguard the health of modest income women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutri tion risk by providing nutritious foods to supple ment diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care.
- Pregnant women;
- Breastfeeding women (up to infant's 1st birthday);
- Non-breastfeeding postpartum women (up to six months after the birth of an infant or after preg- nancy ends);
- Infants (up to 1st birthday);
- Children up to their 5th birthday.
- Supplemental nutritious foods;
- Nutrition education and counseling at WIC clinics;
- Screening and referrals to other health, housing and social services;
- Well Child Exams, Immunizations and Lead Screening.
Who is eligible for WIC?
Pregnant or postpartum women, infants, and children up to age 5 are eligible.
They must meet income guidelines, a State residency requirement, and be individually determined to be at "nutritional risk" by a health professional.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades."