Private Sewage System Program
The goals of the Knox County Private Sewage System Program are to minimize the risk of disease transmission as well as reduction of adverse environmental conditions created by the improper disposal of domestic sewage.
Program services include:
- Inspections of new or existing private onsite waste-water disposal systems
- Complaint investigations
Codes and Ordinances
Additional Information & Education:
- Septic and Well Brochure
- Trees and Roots info Brochure
- Septic Smart Homeowner’s Guide
- IDPH Private Sewage Disposal Program
- Information on Applying for a Permit
Portable Sanitation, Private Sewage Pumper, and Private Sewage Installer Continuing Education
All individuals licensed as a private sewage disposal system pumping contractor or a private sewage disposal system installation contractor or certified as a portable sanitation technician are required to obtain 3 hours of continuing education.